I work at WiLine Networks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Wiline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good company culture. Great product and company vision. Company is now expanding to different metro areas --SoCal, Seattle, Colorado, Texas, etc.

Cons

We are growing, need more office space.

Advice to Management

More office space.

reviews filtered by

Not a lucrative place for sales & commissions.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA

I worked at Wiline

Pros

When I first started at Wiline, it seemed to be a promising start-up telecommunications company. Good people, flexible hours, good benefits. From what the recruiters and sales manager told me, Wiline would be taking over the San Francisco Bay Area with a great product.

Cons

In my brief time there, it was discovered that the executive and sales management had very unrealistic expectations from its employees. There is always a certain amount of turnover when it comes to sales, but this was ridiculous. People would be there for maybe 3 months with hardly any training or guidance. But if you didn't perform, you were out of there.

Advice to Management

Training. Your employees need to understand what they're selling, who they want to sell it to and why. Just handing someone a stack of business cards and brochures isnt going to go very far.

Wiline Response

Nov 4, 2014VP HR

Thank you for your input. I note your message was a long time ago (2008).
    We rarely lose Sales employees now due to our compensation package and our whole introduction training has been
    ... More

2. A company that is going places

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Wiline full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company that huge plans to expand - a great opportunity to get in at the a point where they are past the start up up pains and getting to the growth phase. Lots of opportunities to learn new technologies and work with different teams.

Cons

It is fast paced - you will need all your energy to keep up. But if you are ambitious and want to be rewarded when you go the e the extra mile this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep the team spirit going and communicate communicate communicate!