There are newer employer reviews for Wilkins Fitness

Awesome culture

Current Employee - Commercial Area Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Commercial Area Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wilkins Fitness as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Awesome culture to work in after other nightmare jobs.....more products than I have ever had in my tool belt

Cons

no micro management means you need to be able to motivate yourself

keep the product and solutions coming

4 Other Employee Reviews for Wilkins Fitness (View Most Recent)

Training was "interesting" shall we say.

I worked at Wilkins Fitness

Pros

Flexibility, own boss, they sell everything under the sun. If multi level marketing appeals then this might be a good fit.

Cons

As a sales strategy, they want you to drive all over your territory, but, when you enter a business you
    "forget" your card so you can then drive back another day and "deliver" your card, thereby gaining the "second touch" appointment. What ?! I thought they were kidding at first.

Sales "Academy" must be more than reading a power point presentation.

Not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager

I have been working at Wilkins Fitness

Pros

You are your own boss. Set your own hours, work when you want to. Huge product line that can be sold to a number of verticals. Always adding on more companies and products.

Cons

No base, no benefits, no car allowance, nothing. You may not see a paycheck for six months. You will probably not sell something in your first month out of academy. They will site examples of people making big deals and large commissions, be aware that these people are the exception. Yes, some do make big bucks, however, most do not. Turnover is very high.

The thing to be aware of is that on the surface, it can seem easy to sell fitness equipment. But there are dozens of companies doing the same thing. There is a lot more competition that you think.

A number of people do this in addition to a second job. Many come into this after as a way to supplement their income from their main job.

Pay a base salary for the first 6 months that someone is on the job.

There are newer employer reviews for Wilkins Fitness

Worked for Wilkins Fitness? Contribute to the Community!