Wilkins Solutions

There are newer employer reviews for Wilkins Solutions

lies, lies, lies

Current Employee - Current Commercial Account Manager
Current Employee - Current Commercial Account Manager

I have been working at Wilkins Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, at least for a while. As soon as an account manager starts questioning management about their management philosophy, sales methodology specifics on the products, etc,. the Wilkins clan gets defensive and starts tighteining the screws and they turn into vigilantes - reviewing emails, reading CRM entries - anything to blame the individual for lack of sales.

Cons

The Wilkins folks are deal-makers, nothing else. They claim to have 100% closing ratios yet they preach deceptive sales practices. Any semi-intelligent client sees thru the nonsense and buys equipment from a true expert who knows alll the ins/outs of the products, and offers great prices on the products and installation. That's why reps leave as soon as they can!

Advice to Management

Fewer products, less cronyism if you want less turnover. Pay the reps for time spent in training, and at least 6 months in the field so they can truly become experts

reviews filtered by

Don't believe the hype

Current Contractor - CAM
    Current Contractor - CAM

I have been working at Wilkins Solutions as a contractor

Pros

They talk a good game. There is also a wide variety of products.

Cons

I was very disappointed with my experience with Wilkins Solutions. When I joined them I had high hopes and was very excited. My issues with Wilkins are many. The first was that they say that your territory is protected and it is, but what they don't tell you is that you are limited to the verticals you can sell to. Secondly, they said they provide leads, but I have never recieved one. Also, there were no existing accounts like they said there were.

Moreover, the sales cycle is very long. They encourage you on sales calls not to sell, just pop-in and "make friends". What I have found is that although people are generally friendly, they are not stupid and they don't have time to waste on social calls. The sales approach just seems disingenuous to me.

Other than "keep on plugging away" advice there was no support or help.

I also found the interview process very easy which should have told me something. I can see why there are these mass "trainings" every few months. People get tired of driving aroound town making friends and not making any money.

I don't feel management is dishonest or trying to put something over on someone, but they really paint an overly rosey picture.

Maybe I wasn't cut-out for Wilkins, but from what I have seen and heard, most people aren't and leave after a few months.

My advice is if you want to join WIlkins, have enough resources to sustain yourself for 6 months to a year.

2. Talented business leaders, awesome commissions and fun place to work!

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager

I have been working at Wilkins Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Wilkins Solutions team are a passionate group of professionals who promote a formula for success that is centered on integrity and family values. Support is always available for anything I may need, and I am honored to be part of his team.

Cons

My Excel skills weren't up to snuff and the beginner level Excel training isn't available here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! I've never worked anywhere like this and love the extra bonuses I get.

There are newer employer reviews for Wilkins Solutions