Wilkins Solutions
www.wilkinssolutions.com Mount Pleasant, SC 150 to 499 Employees

Wilkins Is Not For Everyone

Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat product mix, excellent training, ability to be your own boss, straight commission. I have been an independent rep for almost 12 years, and have been extremely successful on my own. Wilkins shares a lot of the expenses of starting and running a business, such as web presence, office support, social media, etc. Sure, you can do it on your own, but it is timely and costly. I find it to be much more bang for the buck by using the Wilkins system.

ConsStraight commission, quoting system is not efficient. It takes a lot of time to find the desired product, call up the manufacturer for a freight quote, then complete the Excel quote form.

Straight commission sales is not for the faint of heart. The successful rep must always have something in the pipeline and work incredibly long hours. Someone said in an earlier post that it comes out to about $4 and hour, and I find that a high number. That is just the nature of commissioned sales until the business is built - you bust your rear end to have continued business two years or more in the future. Because Wilkins deals in capital equipment, you have to make more calls to have more in the pipeline. This makes it hard to do to keep up with the follow-up, conference calls, product knowledge, etc. If you want decent money to start with, do not get into commissioned sales. Find a job with a salary. You will not have the opportunity to make as much as you wish, but you will not have to work as hard, either.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe quoting system needs improvement. It is inefficient and takes up a lot of valuable selling time.

Excellant Business Model and Opportunity

CAM (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wilkins Solutions as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: This is an Independent Contractor position with the support and infrastructure you would expect with… Cons: High ticket items have a long selling cycle. You are responsible for all aspects of the business and must be… Advice to Senior Management: Improve hiring practices. Drive home this is a Independent Contractor position. Next step for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

All FILLER no killer. Don't waste your time like I did. Do your DUE DILIGENCE!

Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Wilkins Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros: Some very enthusiastic and hard working people. The products are great The… Cons: The previous 2 or 3 "reviews" are obviously plants - more lies. Enthusiastic and hard working folks are great, except when they are dishonest, unethical,… Advice to Senior Management: Read some ethics books, but if stuck in your ways,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wilkins Solutions.

Worked for Wilkins Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wilkins Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wilkins Solutions CEO Ron Wilkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Wilkins Solutions employees.