There are newer employer reviews for Wilkins Solutions

All FILLER no killer. Don't waste your time like I did. Do your DUE DILIGENCE!

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Wilkins Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very enthusiastic and hard working people. The products are great The IDEA is fantastic. Self employment is the way to go these days.

Cons

The previous 2 or 3 "reviews" are obviously plants - more lies. Enthusiastic and hard working folks are great, except when they are dishonest, unethical, and misguided. In that case, you get a lot of bad stuff going on. Unfortunately for me, I did not read the glassdoor reviews until just now, when I was trying to figure out how I got myself into this mess of an organization and sullied my own reputation. Don't take my word for it. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, like I should have done. You will find everything these people claim is a fabrication or close enough to it as to be unethical, in my book. 1) "Largest in Industry": By what metric? sales? revenues? personnel? NONE of those are true, yet they claim it everywhere. Private companies can make any claim they want and don't have to show the books. The only metric this is true in is in the amount of dishonest and manipulative business practices conducted. 2) CEO claims to be chairman of some elite fitness industry trade organization. Sounds great. I bragged about this to many clients who are IN THE fitness industry. They must have thought I was a total fool. Fact is, the CEO is Chair of FIDA, but it is practically a MADE UP organization - like if my 5th grader was to declare her bedroom a kingdom, and that she was the queen. Sure, it might be true, but....3) and worst thing, the business model is sort of reversed from the standard "contract sales" model one might expect, where the reps make a ton of money and therefore stay in business. In this case, the company keeps almost all the revenues and is very slow to pay, even the meager amount they owe the reps. I was a total fool and stayed in this organization way to long. It's my own fault, because maybe I did not do enough research up front, I was desperate, I didn't study math enough in school to figure I was not going to make any money. Even now, as I am making my exit plans, I find myself sort of sticking around, almost like a Howard Stern fan, as I wait for the next line of BS. Biggest Con, I represented these guys here in Texas, and now look like a fool to my clients, so I have to sort of go back and rebuild my reputation. It's totally possible, but I am eating a lot of crow.

Advice to Management

Read some ethics books, but if stuck in your ways, maybe go sell used cars or work for the IRS.

Other Employee Reviews for Wilkins Solutions

1. Everything I expected

Current Employee - CAM
    Current Employee - CAM

I have been working at Wilkins Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are in control; You make your own hours,own rules and build your own business. You are involved in a startup business whose focus is on honesty, integrety and doing the right thing for everyone involved.There is support from the very top of the organization to assist in any way possible to help you develop your own business.

Cons

This buisness is not for everyone. It is for personalities who are forward thinkers, understand hard work and perseverence are imparitive and that sacrifice is part of the reward. It is difficult to start up (like any business) because there is little brand/name recognition and it is difficult for perspective clients to understand how many options are available to them through the organization. You need a financial cushion in order to dedicate the time necessary to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on providing opportunities that allow CAM's the ability to deliver needed products and services immediately for faster ramp ups.

2. It's gotten better

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager

I have been working at Wilkins Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Flexibility *Accessibility to management *Wide offerings--there's something to sell anyone! I think I know who previous posters were talking about when they mentioned the arrogant executive staff. He was incredibly arrogant, and often inappropriate, and loved the sound of his own voice. Fortunately that person is gone, and things have improved considerably.

Cons

*You've got to be pretty proficient with Excel and computers. *You need a lot of self-discipline *Sales training calls can run too long

Advice to Management

You should consider giving base salaries and benefits.