Willamette is worth it

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working for a company that is actually making patients healthier, that feels very good. Great benefits that are affordable, health incentives, bonus system, good pay, personal development is put as a priority, wonderful training for new employees and a decent amount of time off. Each manager can decide how to manage so work/life balance is different for eveyone. The company really is only making changes that are for the better of the long run and becoming employer and provider of choice, and you can't beat that.

Cons

With a company this big you don't see Senior Management much, maybe once a year if you're working when they visit. Advancement is minimal at office level, a bit better at Admin level. Everything is very corporate and standard. Don't allow pictures of family or kids, holiday decorations or outfits, personal desktop backgrounds or any other scrubs.

Advice to Management

Listen closer to ALL those leaving. If someone can find something better than us, there's a reason they started looking.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Always innovating. Always moving forward!

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that this company is willing to take the hard road by being different. The focus is always on innovation and an improved approach to proactive dental care that is affordable for patients. This is promoted through a performance-based pay system which encourages employees to always be the best. It is a breath of fresh air to work for a company who pays me based on the great work I do rather than my years of service.

Cons

Innovation means constant change. If you don't like change, Willamette can be a difficult place to work. In addition, it is a fairly flat organizational structure which means little opportunities for advancement. Luckily this is balanced with the performance-based pay system which allows me to work hard and increase my pay, removing my need for advancement.

2. I loved my doctors, but unfortunately their opinion didn't count

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Everett, WA

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, pretty much garenteed hours.

Cons

If your supervisor doesn't like you, it doesn't matter how much your doctors do, you will not keep your job.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what doctors have to say about employees that work with them daily.