Willamette Dental Group

www.willamettedental.com
  www.willamettedental.com
There are newer employer reviews for Willamette Dental Group

Great to horrible, depending on location and local management.

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Portland, OR

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Clinical staff and the majority of offices are close knit and well run. Some of the nicest and hardest working people you have ever met. Huge focus on prevention and remineralization rather than drill and fill. Personal benefits were nice: PTO, medical, dental, CE funds, license assistance, optometry.

Cons

Be wary of the office you join as all it takes is one office manager or managing dentist to ruin your career. Tried to work through some serious issues and all I got were misleading statements all the way up to the end. Benefits are poor if you have dependents. 10 hour days that can run smoothly if your team is in a helpful mood but more often than not, you are seeing 12+ patients in a day almost by yourself (majority of them brand new patients right now). Obviously, this leads to some serious rushing, which then keeps you up at night thinking about what you may have missed. Then knowing about what others have missed in a chart or in a mouth as you see their patients after them.

A legit exit interview by someone that is an unbiased, third party (ie. not the practice manager). I know of a bunch of amazing people who have recently left or will be leaving in the near future because of certain managers consistently labeled as fake. I can only imagine the positive feedback they send up to admin about themselves after people leave. Lastly, don't give PMs so much leeway to change company policy. When an employee knows how greener it is on the other side, and especially when that other side is within the same organization, it leaves a bad taste in an employee's mouth.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Willamette Dental Group (View Most Recent)

Encouraging

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Willamette Dental, they invest in their employees through continuous development, and the office I'm at has encouraged my growth, thus giving me opportunities to showcase my skills. I'm currently taking classes to take my career in dental to the next level, and I am planning to work with Willamette Dental long term.

Cons

The schedules are demanding, but with the right team anything is possible.

I would consider raising the starting pay for the clinical auxillary staff, it would definitely help with retention.

Willamette is worth it

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working for a company that is actually making patients healthier, that feels very good. Great benefits that are affordable, health incentives, bonus system, good pay, personal development is put as a priority, wonderful training for new employees and a decent amount of time off. Each manager can decide how to manage so work/life balance is different for eveyone. The company really is only making changes that are for the better of the long run and becoming employer and provider of choice, and you can't beat that.

Cons

With a company this big you don't see Senior Management much, maybe once a year if you're working when they visit. Advancement is minimal at office level, a bit better at Admin level. Everything is very corporate and standard. Don't allow pictures of family or kids, holiday decorations or outfits, personal desktop backgrounds or any other scrubs.

Listen closer to ALL those leaving. If someone can find something better than us, there's a reason they started looking.

There are newer employer reviews for Willamette Dental Group