There are newer employer reviews for Willamette Dental Group

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Practice Manager in South Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Practice Manager in South Seattle, WA

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Willamette is true to their beliefs and core values. The Owner and Senior Management are very passionate about making sure the providers in the offices practice evidence based dentistry and truly have the best interest of the patients and employees in mind. The continuing education provided to the employees shows their committment to excellence and personal growth for their staff. They have high expectations of employees, but only because they want the best experience for their patients.

Cons

With over 50 offices it is difficult to implement things quickly. Even so, with the support and enthusiasm of the staff, things like EHR and digital x-rays have been undertaken and are making life much easier for all!

PMs are expected to be "on call" for their office staff and emergencies at the clnics during all hours of the day/night/weekends/holidays but we are still not reiumbursed for cell phone usage.

During times of remodel and rebranding, take suggestions from clinical and non-clinical staff and patient comments into consideration. Reception areas need areas for children to play. Comments and ratings from our patient surveys repeatedly speak to this. Break rooms that accommodate all staff are needed since lunch time is taken together and not staggered.

reviews filtered by

Great place to work - Truly the employer and provider of choice!

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great culture here, both at the office level as well as the administrative corporate level. The Company's values run throughout the system. The benefits are fantastic and get better the longer you are with the company. The company truly cares about the company and the patients. They expect you to be involved in your own community wherever the office is at. The treatment philosophy for patients is truly based on evidence and really helps the patients to be healthier - not just oral healthwise, but their overall health as well.

Cons

The organization doesn't always put the brightest and best on every project. They tend to give projects and committee work to individuals centered near the Administrative home office which at times means that remote offices are not always considered appropriately when making policy decisions and process changes.

If you want to keep the best leaders at this company who run the offices, they need to be treated more like medical office administrators and be compensated more like medical office administrators. Salaries are roughly half of what could be made in a private medical practice.

Practice Mgr position is surprisingly empowered, as are most positions within Willamette.

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits excellent! Training Resources exceptional! The company actively promotes learning and development which leads to growth opportunities. Practicing excellent patient care is an accountability across the board, regardless of your position.

Cons

As nimble and technically advanced as we are, we tend to be slow to implement the aesthetics that make our offices feel more modern and allow us to create similar experiences to other practices in our areas. That said, we do just about everything else right including going live with our EHR at all 54 practices, at the same time.

There are newer employer reviews for Willamette Dental Group