Willbros

www.willbros.com
  www.willbros.com
There are newer employer reviews for Willbros

Everyone was friendly, accessible and helpful. It was a laidback atmosphere but everyone worked hard.

Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Willbros

Pros

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, which made learning my job function and gathering information for it really easy. People were attentive when anything was requested of them, and they responded in a reasonable amount of time...even upper management! People took the time to explain how the company operated so being the new person on board was not stressful.

Cons

The work in my job function could get tedius and at times when it was slow and I was looking for other things to do, there wasn't much direction from management because they were extremely busy handling their business. This made some of the days really long and slow. Also, some of the work I was doing was not challenging. As an MBA student I wanted graduate level assignments, but what I got was closer to undergrad level work.

Make sure that the intern has plenty of work to do because there is usually other capacities in which they can help out. Make sure that the workload and duties is fit for the education/experience of the intern. The more challenging the better (though more guidance might be needed) because they are there to learn, learn, learn!

36 Other Employee Reviews for Willbros (View Most Recent)

Growing Company - with the Pains.

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Willbros

Pros

Good industry. Company is working to increase their footprint in the oil and gas industry through acquisition. 9/80 workschedules are available.

Cons

Willbros tends to be more reactive than proactive in most all respects, whether it be bidding out a job or handling their corporate affairs. Upper management makes some curious spend decisions (i.e. aircraft, office furniture, etc.)

Proactive is always a better choice, increase staff where needed and spend money where it is needed, not where you want to spend it.

Lots of Potential

Current Employee - Engineer II in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Willbros

Pros

Interesting opportunities in the field. Oil and Gas services is a hot field with lots of possibilities opening up. A large number of the senior staff are close to retirement, this will provide ample opportunity to be promoted into positions as they become vacant.

Cons

Lack of international work.

Promotions and raises are sluggish at best and on average inadequate to cover recently high rates of inflation.

Inform your employees about the ongoing and upcoming projects. Although we may be a small cog in the machine it helps with personal satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment for the bigger picture to be in focus.

Bring back a usefull and informative company newspaper with project updates and infomation.

There are newer employer reviews for Willbros