There are newer employer reviews for William Blair

Fantastic work environment in a team-oriented firm with a relatively strong emphasis on life balance.

Former Employee - Summer Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Summer Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at William Blair as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Excellent facilities (gym membership, free tickets, comp'd lunches, etc.), lots of contact with experienced coworkers and mentoring opportunities, great place to learn, really felt like a valuable part of the bank even at the analyst level, lots of help with building a career (and understanding that it will likely NOT be centered around Blair)

Cons

Lacks many of the advantages of a bigger bank (in terms of resources, compensation, brand power, etc.), some office politics (originating from the partnership and the power imbalance that it creates), limited prestige outside of the midwest

31 Other Employee Reviews for William Blair (View Most Recent)

No work / life balance. No camaraderie. No culture.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at William Blair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small group, good exposure, growing

Cons

People do not care at all about you as a person

Morale is high. People are nice. It's just a paycheck for those at the lower level.

Former Employee - IT Liaison  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Liaison in Chicago, IL

I worked at William Blair as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The people there are wonderful to work with. Some in management are sincere and have good leadership qualities. The work ethic is one of detail, not a sweatshop. Detail is important with William Blair. It is one of the nicest organizations I have worked for in some time.

Cons

IT is not the best place to work if you want to work in cutting edge. Upper management was almost invisible. I could not tell you who the CIO was because I never heard his name mentioned. I've worked at similar sized or larger organization and had interactions with the CIO. This was odd for such a high profile position.

None really. It's the reality of the financial industry. It is just business.

There are newer employer reviews for William Blair

Worked for William Blair? Contribute to the Community!