William James Foundation

www.williamjamesfoundation.org
  www.williamjamesfoundation.org
There are newer employer reviews for William James Foundation

Life changing experience that proved the importance of art in education

Former Employee - Contract Artist in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Contract Artist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at William James Foundation

Pros

Artists are able to work closely with individuals and communities that have been marginalized by society. The efforts WJ takes to bring artists into meaningful work is impressive. I truly felt that I was giving back and changing the lives of the people I worked with.

Cons

It's unfortunate that many of the CA state prisons have suspended their Arts-in-Corrections programs which allowed WJ to extend so many wonderful programs to deserving inmates.

Keep doing what you do so well!

3 Other Employee Reviews for William James Foundation (View Most Recent)

Successfully making an impact from day one till my last day, one social entrepreneur at a time

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at William James Foundation

Pros

1) The non-profit is extremely well run, with an extremely intelligent and dedicated boss and a diverse staff of optimistically minded individuals, all working hard to make sure the Foundation can make as great an impact as possible for social entrepreneurs around the world

2) Great location in the DC area

3) Had a variety of jobs, which made sure there was very always something new to try to do and learn from

4) I know I made a substantial impact on helping the Foundation succeed in its mission, and took a great deal from this opportunity

Cons

1) No pay (but I knew that going into my work with them, so there was no expectation to getting paid)

To continue to listen and provide the opportunities for learning and growth to others who work there, as I have been given

Exceptional opportunity to learn about for profit social enterprises

I worked at William James Foundation

Pros

Very hands-on
    Excellent networking opportunities with Social Entrepreneurs, Incubators, Impact Investors

Cons

You have to like working in a small and nimble organization; it's not for everyone

There are newer employer reviews for William James Foundation