William W. Backus Hospital

www.backushospital.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for William W. Backus Hospital

Great place to work yet need to stay away from negative "clicks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwich, CT

Pros

Strong goals and vision. Trying to be cutting edge.

Cons

Some old school negative clicks still exist

Other Employee Reviews for William W. Backus Hospital

Tensions are high, patient care is excellent.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwich, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwich, CT

Pros

Not sure on this one. ..maybe a paycheck, but even that isn't a definite.

Cons

I have often seen people let go and jobs eliminated, even when they have been there for years. New upper management is in place and they are building up the hospital ie, remodeling the E.R and various areas of the hospital, however, no additional employees being added. In fact, people are being let go and benefits and "perks" are being eliminated. Employees are so disappointed with current environment they are perusing a union.

Advice to Management

Some of the perks that have been taken away need to be replaced. I don't think leadership realizes the extent of the low morale within the hospital. There is alot of frustration.

Now its just a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwich, CT

Pros

Will still have a few good people left to work WITH. Its a Paycheck. Its a Paycheck.........At least I have some control over my 403b

Cons

Taking away our benefits, reducing pay by removing holidays and setting up the holiday pay so you have to be a circus juggler to get it. Firing people left and right. Swipe police monitoring breaks. (god help if you forget something in your car) working as a nurse with 7 and 8 pts. Charge nurses with 7 pts. Running short-staffed all the time. A lot of the good people are running for the door. At the rate the rats are deserting.....the ships going down fast!!

Advice to Management

1. Don't treat us like we are stupid. We recognize that the blog and town meettings were a ploy to gain our trust before you stabbed us. We see how you stir the "pot of doom" to make us believe that the healthcare bill will be the death of healthcare when in fact a large part of the completely non-paying pts will now at least have some insurance. Please realize that without us this hospital dies. I have NEVER liked unions but I do not see any choice in this matter. You made it "us against them", now you get to sit back and deal with the looming and probably inevitable union arriving..