There are newer employer reviews for Williams Lea

Good Developmental opportunity

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Washington, DC

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

My supervisor was an excellent mentor to me. Allowed me to learn on the job and from my mistakes. 2 years of experience as a generalist there exposed me to what other generalists see in 5 years! Allowed me to develop my skills at a faster rate.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management. Felt unstable; nothing said to alter that perception. There was a lot of issues with handling problems as they occurred making them bigger problems. See above! Management tended to ignore the biggest part of their job; people management. Also 5 regions doing things 5 different ways, even with the same client.

Communicate more~!

159 Other Employee Reviews for Williams Lea (View Most Recent)

Great place to work in a small town with not many other opportunities.

Current Employee - Document Specialist in Wheeling, WV
    Current Employee - Document Specialist in Wheeling, WV

I have been working at Williams Lea

Pros

The opportunities for professional growth are endless. There are many chances for career advancement as well. The company treats its workers fairly. We've seen many people let go but if you prove yourself as a productive employee, then there's nothing to worry about.

Cons

Working odd schedules or hours since it's a 24/7/365 operation with the client I work for. As for career advancement, you just have to be in the right place at the right time though because, sometimes they're posted and sometimes they're not. Many times we see people move into positions that we weren't even aware were open or even existed.

Develop more organization.

Sub-Par employer for professional-level candidates

Former Employee - Technical Trainer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Williams Lea

Pros

I had great managers and co-workers at Williams Lea; people who were really good at their jobs, managers who were flexible, appreciative and who I have a ton of respect for.

Cons

The benefits are mediocre and, for my industry, in my location, there was absolutely no opportunity for growth or advancement at all. Plus, as a company, Williams Lea did nothing to acknowledge or reward good work by its employees. I got a lot of appreciate and good feedback from my immediate supervisors, but the company treated us like we didn't exist. Salaries were below market, and "raises" were insulting, even when I got an excellent review.

Improve the availability, responsiveness and skill level of your HR department. For professional-level employees, offer benefits and pay that are competitive at that level; not all your employees are photocopy operators and mail clerks. Grow your IT group. Reward good work with increases in pay (that keep up with inflation) and institute merit-based bonuses.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams Lea