There are newer employer reviews for Williams

Excellent

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Williams

Pros

Good Pay. Life Work Balance. management is very helpful. Salt Lake City is very beautiful. The work is very rewarding and interesting

Cons

Location is difficult to get to. It is up by the the University of Utah and traffic can also be a mess. I wish that they would move the location to a more convenient part of town

Do not change the work environment. Everyone is very friendly and it is nearly a family environment. Keep supporting United Way

60 Other Employee Reviews for Williams (View Most Recent)

Good opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Williams

Pros

High level of responsibility
    Respect
    Good workplace relationships

Cons

Compensation is below par
    Organization is not up to par

Mixed feelings about the experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Williams

Pros

Williams has wonderful benefits, contributes to the betterment of the community, has many talented and intelligent people working for them. A permanent position with the company is definitely worthwhile, esp if you can get into a department with good management.

Cons

Williams will lead contractors to believe a permanent job is on the horizon for them (one for certain was kept on a leash for 4 years), and then never deliver. I know of many who were treated as I was. They use the older contractors to train the younger college recruits, and then let the older contractors go, even ones who have been loyal contributors to Williams for over a year. Some of these "older" contractors were under 35! I was a contractor trying to get a permanent position with the company. A great deal of money was invested in training me which turned out to be a complete waste as a VP would not approve the position to be permanent. I noticed a great deal of resources spent in other areas as well that were seemingly wasted regularly due to politics and power struggles.

Appreciate the older worker who brings experience and maturity to the company. I understand the desire to try to keep the young professionals in Tulsa, but to mistreat and use the older professional shows a lack of class and will cause them to leave Tulsa instead, and take their skills with them. Eventually, the younger professionals will also leave for greener pastures in other states, after they've made their mistakes at Williams. If you want to hire a college recruit, do not kick a contractor out of the position they've been working in for months and sometimes years to do that. It is better business practice to do right by people. The long term rewards are much better for the health of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams

Worked for Williams? Contribute to the Community!