There are newer employer reviews for Williams

Great place to work, but too many chiefs

I have been working at Williams

Pros

Williams has very competitive salaries and benefits. My immediate management has always been really good with recognition, including with monetary recognition. Overall, the company is stable and there is a laid back atmosphere, at least if you are in a business unit and not in a corporate department.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advanement, unless you have an engineering background (seemingly). Senior management tends to "change their mind" a lot, which creates a lot of churn for everyone else. Departments tend to operate in silos, which creates some inter-departmental power struggles and slow decisions. Too many chiefs.

Advice to Management

Work on the org chart for back office support and administration. The constant back and forth with decision making needs to get worked out. While I appreciate the work, someone should just make a decision already.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's been fine.

I have been working at Williams

Pros

The best part about working at Williams is my co-workers. My shift is a well-knit group that doesn't mind helping each other.

Cons

The lack of overtime and the limited use of vacation time to control overtime. Also, the lady few years, pay raises have been small.

Advice to Management

The management can address the vacation usage, loosening of the overtime, and larger pay raises. This would go a long way toward employee morale.

2. Williams Companies – “Good place to work but has its faults (like anywhere else I suppose)”

Current Employee - Operator
    Current Employee - Operator

I have been working at Williams

Pros

Williams pays pretty well and has good benefits (like most oil and gas companies). Laid back, low pressure, low stress operations.

Cons

Good ol' boys network of promotion. Seeming lack of concern by management to promote and give raises to those who work for it. This creates workers who no longer try to go the extra mile because it doesn't matter and is not rewarded. Lack of strong, well-defined training programs.

Advice to Management

Care more about the employees who are under you and reward them for a job well done. Get your act together on training so people know their jobs.