Williams

Love working for Williams

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Williams

Pros

Our company is growing, which is much more fun than the downside we endured a few years back. Employees typically have a short commute to work (5-20 minutes) from anywhere in/around Tulsa and parking is a breeze. We have an on-site fitness center and cafeteria. Williams offers a strong 401(k) match AND a pension plan. We also have an employee stock purchase plan. Overall, our benefits are great and easy to use.

Cons

There's a perception in some areas of a good-ol'-boy network. I view our young management as both good (fresh ideas) and bad (upward movement may be stunted for some).

Communicate with us either face-to-face or in a way that's not corporate-speak and sounds more like it was something you actually thought and wrote.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Williams (View Most Recent)

The truth, not just what you want to hear. Good & bad with every company.

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Williams

Pros

Lots of vacation, easy-going people, usually low stress, optional 9/80 schedule, flex-time.

Cons

People seem to be hired and promoted because of the wrong reasons. Females and minorities get preference as leaders. New hires and even interns seem to almost always be female, minority, or have some connection to a current employee. Management does not always seem to be on board with just hiring the best person for the job. Also, not a great educational reimbursement package compared to other companies.

Think outside of the box more. Instead of taking employee feedback and not even using it, consider some of their ideas occasionally. The mid-level managers and their employees do the grunt work everyday and are more in-tune with changes in the industry on a localized level.

Nice place

Current Employee - Software Developer in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Williams

Pros

Williams is a nice place to work

Cons

Pretty good place to work

keep up good job