Williams

www.williams.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Williams

Mixed feelings about the experience.

I have been working at Williams

Pros

Williams has wonderful benefits, contributes to the betterment of the community, has many talented and intelligent people working for them. A permanent position with the company is definitely worthwhile, esp if you can get into a department with good management.

Cons

Williams will lead contractors to believe a permanent job is on the horizon for them (one for certain was kept on a leash for 4 years), and then never deliver. I know of many who were treated as I was. They use the older contractors to train the younger college recruits, and then let the older contractors go, even ones who have been loyal contributors to Williams for over a year. Some of these "older" contractors were under 35! I was a contractor trying to get a permanent position with the company. A great deal of money was invested in training me which turned out to be a complete waste as a VP would not approve the position to be permanent. I noticed a great deal of resources spent in other areas as well that were seemingly wasted regularly due to politics and power struggles.

Appreciate the older worker who brings experience and maturity to the company. I understand the desire to try to keep the young professionals in Tulsa, but to mistreat and use the older professional shows a lack of class and will cause them to leave Tulsa instead, and take their skills with them. Eventually, the younger professionals will also leave for greener pastures in other states, after they've made their mistakes at Williams. If you want to hire a college recruit, do not kick a contractor out of the position they've been working in for months and sometimes years to do that. It is better business practice to do right by people. The long term rewards are much better for the health of the company.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Williams (View Most Recent)

Not as professionally rewarding as I would have liked.

I have been working at Williams

Pros

In Tulsa it is a decent place to work.

Cons

Decisions by consensus lead to a very slow decision making process.

Business intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Williams

Pros

I felt that Williams Company was a great place to work. They provided great benefits and competitive salaries. The upper management was very involved and did a great job.

Cons

The only downsides for me was that I did not get to travel much so I was mainly in the office.

I would suggest more hands on approach as well as maybe hiring a few more interns so that new young talent can get some experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams