There are newer employer reviews for Williams Scotsman

I love my job

I have been working at Williams Scotsman full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lot's of potential. Job stability

Cons

Flexibility to work remotely is not offered easily. Compensation offered is not that great.

reviews filtered by
  1. Downsizing saved the business, but ruined the company.

Former Employee - Service Manager
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Williams Scotsman full-time

Pros

Good health benefits and 401(k). Health cost is a % of your pay; that seemed very fair to me.

Cons

Williams Scotsman was forced to cut costs and shed many employees. At the same time, they added many responsibilities through data entry and Lean programs.
    The result? Too much to do with too few people. Couple that with mediocre pay, and you have a perfect storm of hostile work environment.
    Another result of cost cutting is their fleet is now ancient. However, the sales people continue to pretend like W-S has nothing but shiny new trailers. Result? Overworked employees trying to put lipstick on a pig, and unhappy customers.

Too much focus on data entry and lean initiatives. Ask yourselves if your IT structure is really saving time or just forcing employees to kill themselves with busywork?

2. Micro-management by automation

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Williams Scotsman

Pros

You don't really have to learn your product or your customers to any great depth - just learn how to work the system and meet your monthly report card metrics.

Cons

Glued to desk for data entry and phone time to meet metrics of monthly performance report card.

Micro-managing by automation creates playing the game to data enter the metrics and forces well rounded sales pegs to fit into quantitatively defined square holes. Managers don't need people, coaching, training skills as much as managing metrics and pushing paper.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams Scotsman