Williams Scotsman
www.willscot.com Baltimore, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Challenges ahead, but worth taking a look at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Williams Scotsman full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company went through tremendous turmoil during the great recession, and being tied to the construction industry, has been slow to recover. The former CEO (think about the Steve Carrell character from 'The Office') chased away all of the talent, and they are slowly picking up the pieces. It would be a great opportunity for someone to go in and help turn the place around. It's a long-time Baltimore-based company with a great history prior to the former president's era. They re-located to the Fells Point area of Baltimore, an attraction to some, a challenge for most tenured employees.

ConsA big challenge still lies ahead to execute a complete turn-around.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes you need to take a short-term hit to deliver long term results. Invest in infrastructure, people and training and wait for the results. Stop being slaves to lean six sigma, and fix the real problems.

Good people, good business, bright future, lack of strategic planning

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Williams Scotsman full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very nice people alwasy looking to help Leaders in their business Cons: Their systems are not connected and do not have enough… Advice to Senior Management: Thier strategic planining should include systems integration Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

inferior training for new employees

CDL Driver (Former Employee)
Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Williams Scotsman full-time for less than a year

Pros: good compensation, easy job, great hours Cons: small office staff ( my branch only had 6 people), had to bring in people for training ( that rushed to leave ), new drivers… Advice to Senior Management: take time to make sure new employees are properly trained, equipment is properly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Williams Scotsman.

Worked for Williams Scotsman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams Scotsman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams Scotsman CEO Jean-Marc Germain . All reviews posted anonymously by Williams Scotsman employees.