Williams-Sonoma
www.williams-sonomainc.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Not people first

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat concept! Your personal experiences and passion that started our company. Thank you Chuck Williams!

ConsLosing the idea of what the company was based on. Making people feel at home. Expectation to act like a robot embarrassingly asking guests over and over to open credit card and email. Makes customers uncomfortable. Places pressure on employees to meet unrealistic goals and unmotivating.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on getting product to the store to meet supply and demand. Stores are constantly out of merchandise and never have the product they are featuring in the catalog, or for cooking classes. Need to have more variety of product. eg. Not just one brand of a food processor.

i have been treated very well and had wonderful opportunities for growth.

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma

Pros: Work life balance, i am a working mom with a child. Upper management was very supportive of me starting a family and worked with… Cons: Home furnishings is a unique sector and it took a while to understand this business.… Advice to Senior Management: We love when you visit and listen to our feedback and feel we can make a difference. Thank you for creating this type of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The company values of People, Service, and Standards are a thing of the past

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma

Pros: The very dedicated and hard working team, from the associates and managment at the store level to our DM and RVP which make us proud… Cons: If asked 11 years ago when I started to work for this great company I would have been able to say the following... Chuck and… Advice to Senior Management: The "People First" environment that Chuck, Howard, Pat, and Sharon upheld is gone. Corporate needs to realize that what has set Williams-Sonoma apart from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams-Sonoma CEO Laura J. Alber. All reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees.