Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
  www.williams-sonomainc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Great place to work.... but not to go very far up the corporate ladder.

Former Employee - Furniture Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Furniture Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Williams-Sonoma

Pros

The best reasons to work for WS is the discount and friends made at work. I loved all the great people I worked with. The discount was great, I have a house full of stuff from all the brands. My whole kitchen is from WS. Now I am so spoiled I will accept nothing less than top quality household goods. Upper management did listen to us when we were having issues with customers. We did have a people first attitude. My customers were treated very well, I always went above and beyond to make them happy..

Cons

Even with a college degree could not move up as far as i wanted

Treat everyone like humans....understand that working with some customers can be very stressful

654 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Good company, but tough to work your way up

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Williams-Sonoma

Pros

There was a great team environment there within each store. And there was healthy competition between the stores. They do a great job of training their associates and empowering each associate to assist the customer with whatever they may need. I never felt that I didn't have the tools or the knowledge to assist the customer.

Cons

The sales management team was terrible, and although replaced, was not improved significantly. They have a design to hire people and move them a step down rather than hire people for their potential. For instance hiring regional managers into district roles, rather than promoting from within.

Trust your people at the lowest levels to make the right decisions to affect their business.

Opportunity to get promoted

Current Employee - Operations Manager in City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma

Pros

Good opportunity to get promoted, flexible work schedules, opportunity to move between locations. Company has a lot of brand recognition and the majority of the associates take pride in the service we deliver to our customers and are proud to work for Williams-Sonoma. Since the size of the company is limited you also get broad exposure and an opportunity to see many different sides of the business.

Cons

Lack of communication from management, lack of internal training, lack of documented processes. Decisions are being made behind closed doors, not all positions open are being posted. Computer systems are outdated and it's often hard to push necessary changes thru to the top.

Work on communication - focus on training associates - document processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma