Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
  www.williams-sonomainc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

A good training ground if you can handle the hard work.

Current Employee - Buyer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma

Pros

Great retail training ground. Some of the most creative and talented people in the retail industry are working here. If you know how to "play the game" you will be rewarded and promoted. The people are truly 1st class and there are some incredibly strong bonds on certain teams and brands.

Cons

Not a great work/life balance. The company is infamous for long hours and sub-par pay. They could do a lot more to promote employee well-being, give opportunities for more flexible work schedules, and to generally empower their workers to WANT to do the best job they can each day.

Listen to your employees more and promote a better work/life balance.

654 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Name kept private

Former Employee - Retail Furniture Customer Service in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Furniture Customer Service in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma

Pros

The time that I was there, it was a fair company. Received incentives and contests, fair raises (comparing similar work), and product info necessary to complete the job. I was there for 3.5 years and for the most part, enjoyed my time there.

Cons

Information about the status of the company was shadily withheld. Got the impression that management was keeping things from you. Toward the end of my time there, it felt that the atmosphere had changed. It wasn't as fun, and it was difficult to find the motivation to put the company first, when the company was letting you down.

It goes without saying that honesty really is the best policy.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma

Pros

Great people, discount, and an overall fun place to work. I have worked there for 3 years and my manager is fair and competent as well as the assistant manager. Everyone works hard and does their share.

Cons

Technology not up to par; The systems for checking merchandise in stock is slow. No access to internet to leave messages for my manager or asst. manager.

Better way to manage payroll and base payroll on trends not just previous years

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma