Williams-Sonoma
www.williams-sonomainc.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Great company. No succession planning. Terrible training programs.

Manager (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood salary and benefits. Strong financial performance, and job stability. Good company discount.

ConsPoor training and development. HR is like the mafia. They make, change, and enforce rules with huge levels of subjectivity, and hire individuals based on relationships and affiliations moreso than proven skill, experience, education, and ROI. History has shown that these practices have backfired in many instances, in which they ended up eliminating roles or layers to right the ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide individuals with a clear succession plan. Offer relevant, high-level training to your managers and associates. Identify and develop your talent. Hire executives and senior managers who. An not only run the business, but both lead and mentor effectively. Monitor HR and ensure that they are both creating and executing rules and policy in a fair and unbiased manner. Take a real interest in your associates and their work-life balance.

Typical Retail Situation

Coordinator (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time for more than a year

Pros: beautiful place to work, decent discount. But underpaid for overwhelming workload - constantly looking for motivated staff but lack of… Cons: need to upgrade pay plan. need to retain talent. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to staff on the frontlines for ideas about employment situation and for a better idea of what customers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's all smoke and mirrors

Various Positions (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I was lucky enough to become good friends with a… Cons: Where do I begin? There was favoritism from management, if they don't like you, they will make your day a living hell. I started out… Advice to Senior Management: You need to start respecting the people who do ALL the work. And give actual raises! I busted my ass in that store and then… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams-Sonoma CEO Laura J. Alber. All reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees.