Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Great at first until management stops caring about their own employees.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great discount, most of the people that work there are great and easy to get along with, flexible schedule (most of the time)

Cons

Management is never on the sales floor! Short-staffed and associates are abused and overworked because the management is too cheap to hire more associates to be on the sales floor. All the company cares about now is getting customers to sign up for the Williams-Sonoma credit card.

Hire more associates to work! Stop nagging about the credit card, actually MANAGE the store and not find any excuse to be in the back office away from customers.

703 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Not so people first anymore

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the job I do, but not who I work for.

Cons

Comapny has changed drastically over the past few years. Good is never good enough. Great isn't even great enough. They ask for associate opinions, but do nothing about them. Don't even share results. Open on Easter Sunday? Even customers thought that was insane. Now to be open on Thanksgiving day? What's next--Christmas? Open 24/7? Come on. This company used to say they were all about their people. They are not who they say they are.

Listen to what your managers stated in the associate opinion survey. You will lose tenured, respected, talented managers if you continue to want more and more and more. What holiday will you be working? None. You will be with your family and friends, cooking and relaxing--checking your phone for the 12 o'clock read. Howard is probably rolling over in his grave as to what has become of his beloved company. Get back to the basics. People. Service. Standards. Cut out all the excess things that you are making us do. Get back to quality products and happy staffs.

If you like micro-mangement, being treated like a child, and cliques - work here

Current Employee - Corporate Customer Relations in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Corporate Customer Relations in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent for what it was at the time, and I enjoyed my actual job if people would have just let me do it.

Cons

Drama, cliques, politics, micro-management, management was completely incompetent, employee seminars felt like we were back in grade school and a complete waste of time - employee turn over rate is very high. I was in so many words, asked to treat customer service representatives like crap, and if I didn't do a good enough job, I was reprimanded for it. Ugh! Terrible!

Look at your employee turn-over rate, stop treating employees like kids.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma