Williams-Sonoma

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

William Sonoma Company Review

Former Employee - Inventory Analyst in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Inventory Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very productive if interested in do hands on task and constantly learning in a fast paced environment.

Cons

Based on how an employee is hired in no guarantee for permanency, based on their production can get possible laid off until further notice. Employee satisfaction is very low in the department I worked due to insensitivity.

To management there need to be more of a leadership role taken place instead of a boss.

662 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Company is great, local management not-so-much.

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company itself is fun to work for - to talk about cooking & food every day was great. To help the customers find the right cooking solutions was a lot of fun too. The company often had contests so that stores, no matter what size, had the potential to win prizes for the employees. The discount there is also great. The people I worked with (for the most part) were great and since then I keep in contact with them. Also depending on the store you work in, you can have some really great mangers who make you excited to come into work each day.

Cons

The store manager is lazy. He sits in the backroom and listens to his podcasts and pretends to have a M-F 9-5 job like his friends do, which is far from the reality. The DM is blinded to this and it was extremely frustrating to work for a manager who didn't work hard (or at all). The hours sometimes can be tough, especially if you have a family. The customers, depending on where the store is located, can be ridiculous - their level of entitlement is mind-blowing - they want you do wait on them NOW even though you're already helping someone else and "Why can't you wrap this giant porcelain platter in less than 10 min? I need to leave for my nail appointment." The visa card & email programs - stop forcing your employees to do that - many customers get really upset for being asked about this stuff!

Get rid of the store manager and put someone who really cares about the business not just earning a paycheck. Also have a serious sit down with the DM for letting the store get so bad. Also, stop forcing

Each location is as good as the local management

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great local management and DM

Cons

Stop with the inquisition already.

Who helped you?, Will you be paying with your W-S visa, what's your zip code?, What's your email?
    Nowhere near the company it was when I started. The mission has changed, it's more about reports than the customer.

Let the stores get back to offering excellent customer service and stop with the questions. Excellent service will sell the product, not all the ?'s to fill numbers in the computer. Established customers are tired of the 20 questions and voice their opinion as such.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma