Williams-Sonoma
www.williams-sonomainc.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Not so people first anymore

Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsI love the job I do, but not who I work for.

ConsComapny has changed drastically over the past few years. Good is never good enough. Great isn't even great enough. They ask for associate opinions, but do nothing about them. Don't even share results. Open on Easter Sunday? Even customers thought that was insane. Now to be open on Thanksgiving day? What's next--Christmas? Open 24/7? Come on. This company used to say they were all about their people. They are not who they say they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your managers stated in the associate opinion survey. You will lose tenured, respected, talented managers if you continue to want more and more and more. What holiday will you be working? None. You will be with your family and friends, cooking and relaxing--checking your phone for the 12 o'clock read. Howard is probably rolling over in his grave as to what has become of his beloved company. Get back to the basics. People. Service. Standards. Cut out all the excess things that you are making us do. Get back to quality products and happy staffs.

If you like micro-mangement, being treated like a child, and cliques - work here

Corporate Customer Relations (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time for more than a year

Pros: The pay was decent for what it was at the time, and I… Cons: Drama, cliques, politics, micro-management, management was completely incompetent, employee seminars felt like we were back in grade school and a complete waste of time -… Advice to Senior Management: Look at your employee turn-over rate, stop treating employees like… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rapidly deteriorating

Control Buyer (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent product and commitment to customer satisfaction. Cons: Management merciless in trying to squeeze every last ounce of contribution from employees. The positive recognition that existed for the first 4 years of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams-Sonoma CEO Laura J. Alber. All reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees.