Toxic Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount
Sample sales
Discount
Did I mention the Discount?

Cons

I am speaking only about the Williams-Sonoma brand, as that is where I worked.
The company culture is toxic.
People are terrified of the president, Richard Harvey.
Managers roll over on their employees when problems come up.
Women, especially those with children, will find it hard to promoted.
People, especially coordinators and assistants, cry at their desks on a regular bases and managers gossip about them when it happens, laughing.

Change your company culture from the top down. "People First Awards" mean nothing when your employees don't feel as if they are being put first.

Other Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

William Sonoma Company Review

Former Employee - Inventory Analyst  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Inventory Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very productive if interested in do hands on task and constantly learning in a fast paced environment.

Cons

Based on how an employee is hired in no guarantee for permanency, based on their production can get possible laid off until further notice. Employee satisfaction is very low in the department I worked due to insensitivity.

To management there need to be more of a leadership role taken place instead of a boss.

Great learning environment for entry-level associate but don't hope for more.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers and Junior Management were a team of dedicated, goal-oriented and efficient workers who took the time to show me the ropes. We were all dedicated to the success of our small store in Brooklyn and as a result we achieved new records in performance and quality service.

Cons

Senior Management leveraged our skills and abilities to meet deadlines and impress superiors.
    Corporate and Senior Management made empty promises and ineffective policies for store-level associates. There was a felt dissonance between store-level and corporate priorities.

Please honor your employees by investing in their career development. Allow them the opportunity to grow and aid in their vertical movement within your company. Don't forget about the hungry, qualified, seasoned professionals in your stores just to satisfy the bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!