There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Store Systems needs to improve and acknowledge employees

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst III in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Programmer Analyst III in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, nice retail experience, good location, shuttile pickup from Bart and Cal Train

Cons

People leave left and right.. Promotions are based on years of experience and projects worked on last year rather than how you performed. Under performers are in constant fear and were given unrealistic targets before sacking them on a friday eve. Still uses Windows XP, world around you is changing. E-com is not your only

Advice to Management

WS is a great company with a great history and has a lot of value in the market. IT dept needs to focus on performers. People worked in the same technology for last 15 years cannot change overnight to a new one. It takes time and needs some time. Canteen needs some subsidized food.

reviews filtered by

Rapidly deteriorating

Former Employee - Control Buyer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Control Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent product and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Cons

Management merciless in trying to squeeze every last ounce of contribution from employees. The positive recognition that existed for the first 4 years of my tenure there was non-existent by the time I left. Work days were habitually 10 - 12 hours, even off season. The systems and reports that were in place were completely inadequate for the business model that the catalog began to use. Finally there was no recognition of the fact that the workload increased over 250% while I was employed there, but the headcount actually shrank by 15%: between my hiring and my leaving each of us was doing nearly three times the workload, with no additional compensation. There was no attempt by anyone above middle management to look at working conditions and no choice for middle management to make any change due to pressures from above to increase productivity.

2. William Sonoma Company Review

Former Employee - Inventory Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Inventory Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very productive if interested in do hands on task and constantly learning in a fast paced environment.

Cons

Based on how an employee is hired in no guarantee for permanency, based on their production can get possible laid off until further notice. Employee satisfaction is very low in the department I worked due to insensitivity.

Advice to Management

To management there need to be more of a leadership role taken place instead of a boss.