Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
  www.williams-sonomainc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

If you like micro-mangement, being treated like a child, and cliques - work here

Current Employee - Corporate Customer Relations in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Corporate Customer Relations in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was decent for what it was at the time, and I enjoyed my actual job if people would have just let me do it.

Cons

Drama, cliques, politics, micro-management, management was completely incompetent, employee seminars felt like we were back in grade school and a complete waste of time - employee turn over rate is very high. I was in so many words, asked to treat customer service representatives like crap, and if I didn't do a good enough job, I was reprimanded for it. Ugh! Terrible!

Look at your employee turn-over rate, stop treating employees like kids.

662 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Toxic Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discount
    Sample sales
    Discount
    Did I mention the Discount?

Cons

I am speaking only about the Williams-Sonoma brand, as that is where I worked.
    The company culture is toxic.
    People are terrified of the president, Richard Harvey.
    Managers roll over on their employees when problems come up.
    Women, especially those with children, will find it hard to promoted.
    People, especially coordinators and assistants, cry at their desks on a regular bases and managers gossip about them when it happens, laughing.

Change your company culture from the top down. "People First Awards" mean nothing when your employees don't feel as if they are being put first.

Great learning environment for entry-level associate but don't hope for more.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My co-workers and Junior Management were a team of dedicated, goal-oriented and efficient workers who took the time to show me the ropes. We were all dedicated to the success of our small store in Brooklyn and as a result we achieved new records in performance and quality service.

Cons

Senior Management leveraged our skills and abilities to meet deadlines and impress superiors.
    Corporate and Senior Management made empty promises and ineffective policies for store-level associates. There was a felt dissonance between store-level and corporate priorities.

Please honor your employees by investing in their career development. Allow them the opportunity to grow and aid in their vertical movement within your company. Don't forget about the hungry, qualified, seasoned professionals in your stores just to satisfy the bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma