Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

It is a pleasent store to work in and very fun!

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Marietta, GA
Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get a discount
you get to make new friends
you get a great paycheck
very flexible with your schedule

Cons

There are no negative statments that I can make about working at Williams Sonoma

704 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Excellent company to work for. Benefits are great

Former Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Hours, Health Insurance plan

Cons

Base Salary, Scheduling can be a bit difficult in shift timing (2-9 are weird hours).

Store managers in each state should work together to create more of a flow across stores.

Love my store, perplexed by recent decisions of upper management

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The associates and managers at my store get along very well, we have fun while doing our jobs and we do them well. There is a genuine concern for the customer and a passion for the products amongst the staff. It's almost like a second family.

Cons

Even in the short time (2 years) I've been with the company things have become much worse.

Upper management slashes payroll constantly no matter what the business trends are for that week and we end up with 3 people running the store on a given day. The lack of attention to the customer does not bode well with the clientelle but theres no way we can service the customer AND accomplish all the menial tasks and paperwork while getting paid a practically insulting wage.

The company treats its associates like they're stupid by exerting an opressive amount of corporate control-- telling us even how to answer the phone in a cheesy insencere way.

The store management is drown in meaningless paperwork and constant useless conference calls so much that they can't ever be there on the floor to manage.

Our point-of-sale system and computer systems are so disjointed and antiquated they make our jobs infinately more difficult. Completing the simplest tasks involve running multiple different programs on more than one terminal all while the customer is waiting. Our clientelling system is worthless since follow up is nearly impossible so entering information into it is a complete waste of time.

Let go of the reigns a little bit... or a lot. If you trust your employees you won't need to be interfering with their business all the time, give the stores room to do their jobs and STOP introducing "new initiatives" which aren't even helpful. Why did the company pick this current economic time to launch a credit card and have us jam it down our customers throats or else get in trouble from managment?

Increase payroll so there can at the very least be enough people to run the store efficiently... maybe even pay a living wage to employees?

Don't schedule more than one floor move in a season (maybe a couple extra during the holidays) but it takes SO much time to move all that merchandise around just so they can pull it off the floor and then put it back on the next season, time that they are not willing to pay for.

Respect your employees enough to treat them as professionals, not mindless drones. You can tell me what to do but don't insist on the way that I do it... trust that I know how to do my job!

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma