There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Accordion Hiring & Massive Layoffs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will meet good, friendly people there who will stick with you for a long time. Merchandise perks are great.

Cons

A lot of dishonesty and politics. People play "favorites" and there is absolutely no set training. There are no clear cut policies - people will come to you telling you have done something wrong when you were trained to do it that way by upper-management. DO NOT TAKE THE JOB ON A SEASONAL BASIS. Williams-Sonoma/Pottery Barn hires in mass amounts from July-October and then FIRES EVERYONE in January-February. They will never tell you who they will be firing - they will just cut you.

Several larger Call Centers (Telus, Sitel, and Expedia for example) know of WSI's hiring tactics ("Accordion Hiring") and will tell you to steer clear. If you want a good job where you don't have to worry about the chopping block or being exploited for next to no pay, no benefits, and no ethical values, stay far away from WSI.

Upgrade your technology.
Stop playing favorites with employees.
Have one set way to do things and make sure everyone is on the same page with the protocol.

608 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Not so people first anymore

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the job I do, but not who I work for.

Cons

Comapny has changed drastically over the past few years. Good is never good enough. Great isn't even great enough. They ask for associate opinions, but do nothing about them. Don't even share results. Open on Easter Sunday? Even customers thought that was insane. Now to be open on Thanksgiving day? What's next--Christmas? Open 24/7? Come on. This company used to say they were all about their people. They are not who they say they are.

Listen to what your managers stated in the associate opinion survey. You will lose tenured, respected, talented managers if you continue to want more and more and more. What holiday will you be working? None. You will be with your family and friends, cooking and relaxing--checking your phone for the 12 o'clock read. Howard is probably rolling over in his grave as to what has become of his beloved company. Get back to the basics. People. Service. Standards. Cut out all the excess things that you are making us do. Get back to quality products and happy staffs.

If you like micro-mangement, being treated like a child, and cliques - work here

Current Employee - Corporate Customer Relations  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Corporate Customer Relations in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was decent for what it was at the time, and I enjoyed my actual job if people would have just let me do it.

Cons

Drama, cliques, politics, micro-management, management was completely incompetent, employee seminars felt like we were back in grade school and a complete waste of time - employee turn over rate is very high. I was in so many words, asked to treat customer service representatives like crap, and if I didn't do a good enough job, I was reprimanded for it. Ugh! Terrible!

Look at your employee turn-over rate, stop treating employees like kids.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!