Williams-Sonoma
www.williams-sonomainc.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Avoid employment or patronizing this company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Winter Park, FL

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time for more than a year

ProsHigh quality products, decent discount

ConsPoor communication skills from management to associates, disrespectful work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Winter Park, Florida location has lost nearly every single one of their seasoned & knowledgeable associates; the people who know the product, the people who know the clientele base, the people who know how to sell and make that store profitable- they have all resigned due to the incompetency of the management team.

The new associates are receiving zero training as to how the store works, how to sell, how to gift wrap, how to process a return, etc. My two years of experiences at that store have shown me a clear negative reflection on how this company is run.

The high quality products that Williams-Sonoma sells are almost always available through another retailer, or available online through Amazon (or something similar). It would serve that company well to recognize that, and to realize how to better treat its staff so that customers will continue to come back to WS rather than seek out other establishments because of poor customer service.
The "whole experience" of that store.... is non-existent.

Pleasant, everybody on staff was friendly and professional.

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
San Marcos, TX

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great experience for sales and customer service, and meeting new… Cons: Seasonal/ part-time jobs. not much room for growth. But with a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Serious support

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time for less than a year

Pros: Williams-Sonoma is serious about customer care and supporting their staff. Questions are addressed and… Cons: The computer system makes it difficult to follow up with clients and takes to… Advice to Senior Management: You care about the quality of your product line, because you understand that quality matters. However, when it comes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams-Sonoma CEO Laura J. Alber. All reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees.