Williams-Sonoma
www.williams-sonomainc.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Top-Heavy in salaries; unrealistic and conflicting expectations at store level.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsDiscount. High-end customer (client) base, which requires creative service issue solutions.

ConsHourly managers do not get 40 hours, yet salaried managers get bonuses. Inequitable expectations. In order to make daily sales, desperate measures are taken ("What will it take for you to purchase this juicer today?").

Advice to Senior ManagementShave top management (DM's and above), and increase pay to the employees who actually work day-to-day with customers (clients). Invest in computer systems (we NEED MSOffice), improve communication between corporate and store, eliminate "mystery shoppers" (not realistic and they LIE), designer and chef discounts should be easily searchable, reduce the number of questions to ask customers (clients)--donations, email, zip code, WSVISA.

Avoid employment or patronizing this company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Winter Park, FL

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time for more than a year

Pros: High quality products, decent discount Cons: Poor communication skills from management to associates, disrespectful work environment. Advice to Senior Management: The Winter Park, Florida location has lost nearly every single one of their seasoned & knowledgeable associates; the people who know the product, the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unstable

Stock Associate (Current Employee)
    Westfield, NJ

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time for less than a year

Pros: Coworkers are nice 40% Discount/20%-electronics Interesting tools/gadgets Cons: Scheduling is ridiculous -Either too much or too little -"Because of Payroll" is heard… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest - do not tell a set of employees one thing just to have them support an area of the store that is … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams-Sonoma CEO Laura J. Alber. All reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees.