Great place to work

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at Williams and Sonoma. The job is alot of fun and the people are great. You meet the most wonderful people and we get great tips and ideas from our customers. The discount is wonderful. This job is one of the most wonderful and enjoyable I have ever had. I hate to think of going anywhere else. I am a very loyal person to the company I work for, but these latest round of payroll cuts has me very frustrated.

Cons

The current upper management does not appear to care about the employees or their customers. Stores are being asked to cut more and more of their payroll and continue to do the same if not more work. It is getting harder to give the service we need to give our customers with less and less payroll.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to look at what this is doing to their stores and to their customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

most pressure for the least pay

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the discount and the employees

Cons

Poor pay in relationship to responsiblity and amount of work.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep good employees pay them what there worth. Upgrade computer system. Don't waste payroll hours on all the conference calls and poorly thought out special events (ex. mothers morning out, open at 8 for no cst. wasting hours of payroll).Top Mgt needs to get out of office and work in stores during holidays.

I love working for Williams-Sonoma, but Corporate has very odd ideas of what is "best" for the company.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discount!, love working with the people at the store level! I think that you would really like to work at williams-sonoma if you like fast pace environments as well as somewhat often slow times.

Cons

Corporate, Corporate, Corporate. There vision for the company is to simply lose the power of the brand (although Pottery Barn and other companies within Williams-Sonoma, Inc. are doing fine) They are neglecting what this company was built upon.