Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
  www.williams-sonomainc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Good place to work if you are the right demographic.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great discount/Salary above the market average

Cons

Mgmt in distribution and logistics is good old boys club. If you don't fit their demographic, forget about career advancement. HR turns out to be a puppet to the other parts of the organization.

More cooperation between Memphis and corporate.

662 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Not a great place to work

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Low salary and unrealistic expectations

Micro managed company

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discount on all the family of brands. Really smart and friendly coworkers who were a pleasure to work with.

Cons

It's hard to grow your career with this company. Very little promotions and when there is it's more of a small pay raise than more responsibility. We supposedly had one of our best years in 2012, but there has been a hiring freeze and many benefits taken away. Why would WS communicate to the team that we're doing awesome and then punish us? There's also very little perks and benefits to working here except for the great employee discount. We used to have 2pm leave on Fridays but that was just recently taken away. What are they thinking? Everyone is going to begin to leave and take advantage of the tech boom in San Francisco and leave for companies who have great benefits. We also acquired and developed new brands in 2012, but instead of hiring more people everyone had to take on additional work and I think the quality of work is suffering because everyone is barely scraping by.

Upper management and the brand presidents are too hands on and micro manage their team and this trickles down to everyone in the company. It's very frustrating when management constantly does whatever it takes to make sales regardless of thinking about the customer experience! They need to back off and listen to their people (the experts) and let us do our job the way we think is best for the company. Of course there needs to be guidance from management, but I feel like it's gotten to the point where we don't feel like our voice is heard.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma