Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
  www.williams-sonomainc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

If you are considering working for this Company please run for the door!

Former Employee - Management
Former Employee - Management

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-great co-workers, this is one of the only saving graces for this Company, but as they continue to devalue their employees and bleed talent this pro will fade into the sunset
-discount

Cons

-kiss your life and family goodbye
-compensation not in line with expectations
-promotion and pay based on favoritism not competence
-micro management at levels not known to exist at any other Company
-Executives so far out of touch with reality it borders on insanity
-Company conducted management survey last year to test climate and the results were horrendous, Company response? On conference call with corp execs we were basically told "thank you for sharing, for those of you who make through the coming holiday season we plan changes next year"

This is no longer the Company Chuck and Howard created. Get back to what made this such a great place to work and shop, great associates, great service and great products. You treat your associates so poorly anymore you can no longer reasonably expect them to care. Unless you turn things around completely the Company will continue to bleed talent at an alarming rate and will be unrecognizable in five years! Your field management are afraid for their jobs and treat managers horrendously.

661 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Let's start off with the great discount (40%), but the most important part were the great people I worked with at Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton. Our repeat customers and Sunday class attendees were always a pleasure to see.

Cons

1. On-call shifts should just be shifts. Almost every time I was on-call, I came in to work. Makes it hard to plan for child-care 2 hours before you have to come in to work.
    2. If it hasn't been implemented already, WS should have an online scheduling tool where employees can request vacation days, print out their week's schedule, or swap hours with current employees. As a part-time employee with an active family, I would have appreciated this tool.

1. Provide your employees in the stores with an online scheduling tool.
    2. Use the sales associates as a focus group to get information about your products and possible prodcuts.

Really enjoyed my career at WS

Current Employee - Control Buyer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Control Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Direct management, great people, mentoring, great product, ownership of your business even if you are at a planner level, fun work environment, consistent learning and training

Cons

Issues with senior leadership. It really depended on the org you were under, but it seemed that it was a much tougher world in merchandising versus inventory management

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma