There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Williams Sonoma has become too corporate, it is loosing is personality

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The management at the store level, and the dedicated sales associates make Williams Sonoma an enjoyable stimulating place to work.

Cons

Sometimes it seems as though "Opening new credit cards , capturing E-mails, and many of the other things we are being asked to do have become more important than our original business model of providing the best customer service available in this tough retail market.

Sometimes our hours are cut so drastically that we do not have enough help to cover the store, let alone provide the customer service our customers deserve. This is especially true during the Holiday Season.

636 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

"You can't fool the troops"

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time

Pros

HIgh energy environment, cool stuff

Cons

Job and company culture is not as advertised in training, disconnect between "words and actions" idealized for marketing purposes only, with standard corporate policy of squeezing employees, demoralizing and usury payroll practices at the heart of the matter.

Make a stand with corporate policy which prioritizes bottom line and metrics over and above employees who actually make it happen. Extremely driven business model which is out of synch with human scale original company values. Stand up for what you believe in, because when you loose the majority of your staff, is there not a message here ? What's the point of running stores, better off to keep this an internet business ?

Slave Drivers!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Southlake, TX

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the only saving grace is the 40% off!

Cons

For a part time job this should have been fun! Hours are bad, pay horrible and management works your butt off. Plus, no breaks, which is illegal. They try to squeeze everything out of you they can for as little pay as they can get away with. All the while charging out the butt for everything in the store. Supervisors act like the gestapo and put you to hard labor, polishing copper pots, mopping floors or cleaning toilets when business is slow and NO talking to co-workers. They watch you like your about to make a run for it or something. All on minimum wage too. I worked for 18 months and got a measly .25 raise, I said adios.

For crying out loud; Make it fun! You don't pay, so make it fun.

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma