Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com
  www.williams-sonomainc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Williams Sonoma has become too corporate, it is loosing is personality

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The management at the store level, and the dedicated sales associates make Williams Sonoma an enjoyable stimulating place to work.

Cons

Sometimes it seems as though "Opening new credit cards , capturing E-mails, and many of the other things we are being asked to do have become more important than our original business model of providing the best customer service available in this tough retail market.

Sometimes our hours are cut so drastically that we do not have enough help to cover the store, let alone provide the customer service our customers deserve. This is especially true during the Holiday Season.

661 Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma (View Most Recent)

"You can't fool the troops"

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time

Pros

HIgh energy environment, cool stuff

Cons

Job and company culture is not as advertised in training, disconnect between "words and actions" idealized for marketing purposes only, with standard corporate policy of squeezing employees, demoralizing and usury payroll practices at the heart of the matter.

Make a stand with corporate policy which prioritizes bottom line and metrics over and above employees who actually make it happen. Extremely driven business model which is out of synch with human scale original company values. Stand up for what you believe in, because when you loose the majority of your staff, is there not a message here ? What's the point of running stores, better off to keep this an internet business ?

Not what it once was....

Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Discount, forward thinking, exceptional customer service

Cons

Salary, always asking for more with less, payroll unacceptable for dily, weekly and monthly expectations.

Wake up...over time there has been a back slide in everything that you do and it's beginning to catch up with the company and brand. Back to basics...forget about metrics as you are killing what made this company so special. Greed and unrealistic demands will be your downfall! Public company or not...how many companies that are so required a few open air market stores to be open for Easter? Think about it? It truly doesn't look great to our following or customer base!

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma