Williams-Sonoma
www.williams-sonomainc.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Williams Sonoma has become too corporate, it is loosing is personality

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe management at the store level, and the dedicated sales associates make Williams Sonoma an enjoyable stimulating place to work.

ConsSometimes it seems as though "Opening new credit cards , capturing E-mails, and many of the other things we are being asked to do have become more important than our original business model of providing the best customer service available in this tough retail market.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes our hours are cut so drastically that we do not have enough help to cover the store, let alone provide the customer service our customers deserve. This is especially true during the Holiday Season.

"You can't fool the troops"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time

Pros: HIgh energy environment, cool stuff Cons: Job and company culture is not as advertised in training, disconnect between "words and actions" idealized for marketing purposes… Advice to Senior Management: Make a stand with corporate policy which prioritizes bottom line and metrics over and above employees who actually make it happen. Extremely driven business model… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Slave Drivers!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Southlake, TX

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time for more than a year

Pros: the only saving grace is the 40% off! Cons: For a part time job this should have been fun! Hours are bad, pay horrible and management works your butt off. Plus, no breaks, which… Advice to Senior Management: For crying out loud; Make it fun! You don't pay,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams-Sonoma CEO Laura J. Alber. All reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees.