Williams-Sonoma

www.williams-sonomainc.com

Great Company - GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Product. People.Performance
The product is high quality you can believe in when selling to guest!
The people at all levels in the company are genuine and really care about associates!
The managers communicate constantly how you are doing on any given day and are always letting you know they appreciate you! LOVE this COMPANY!

Cons

I have no cons.. would like to work more

Keep up the GREAT WORK!

Other reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Going downhill, everyone is leaving! Don't come here if you're looking for a happy career!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

One of the better things about working here is about the people you'll meet. There are some genuinely good quality people here - along with the bad apples you meet, of course. It's a shame many of these good apples are slowly but surely leaving the company. Sure, we have early summer Fridays, but these early Fridays use to be year-round. Costs are constantly being cut - even though the company does relatively well. Why aren't employees rewarded more? Another good thing about this company are that the teams here know no boundaries to perfection. They are very focused on being perfect, which is great and admirable - but soemtimes given the situation - it's doing a little too much and a bit draining. People need a life. You don't have to be 100% and wear everyone out on things that may not matter. 80-90% is good. Let's call it a night, people. If need be, let's work on it tomorrow and/or prioritize what's REALLY more important. Lastly, the holiday Children parties are great. However, if you don't have any kids, there is likely no party for you to participate in during the holidays. If there is, it is a small department thing that may very well be on a strict low budget. If you ask me, I'd rather have a party to enjoy with my coworkers than one with my kids.

Cons

For one, early Fridays year round are gone, as mentioned. For two, management can be very belittling, and too uptight. The tone of voice and choice of words can be very condescending and straight up rude.

Work/life balance is HORRIBLE. Most of the people who write on here that they think work/life balance is reasonable must be working on hourly pay. Company provides no comp time, and only provides bonuses for sr level and above. Even then, the bonus is not guaranteed at the full 10% even for all the hard work you put in! Hell, DINNER isn't even comped when you stay late to work. This company is beyond stingy. What's a few extra dollars in making sure I'm happy and well fed so that I can continue working hard and longer for you?

The company morale here is very low. They do nothing to support team building activities, nothing to celebrate welcoming(besides your welcome lunch with your manager), accomplishments, departures (I'm talking about good people who have left the company too!), and nothing to celebrate holidays. The company is very cheap and they do not care about retaining employees. They work you to the bone and are surprised when you are unhappy. It's not rocket science.

Nobody I have talked to likes working here. The turnover is crazy. I have watched many of my coworkers leave right before my eyes. Word of advice - when deciding where you want to work, why would one choose WS when so many other companies in the bay area offer so many more perks? The last time I spoke to my coworkers before I left, many of them told me they couldn't want to find a new job and get out as well.

Give the company a try. Let's see how long you last.....

Treat people with RESPECT. You are no better than any of us lower titled people. We bleed the same way don't we? And just like me, you can be fired to. No one is invincible.

Also, show recognition and don't be afraid to praise and/or spend a few dollars on your employees. Stop being cheap and trying to save every single dollar.

good

Pros

good place to work part time

Cons

not enough hours to work

morehours

There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!