Very physically demanding

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice coworkers, learned about merchandise and techniques. VERY generous discounts.

Cons

Horrible shifts, short notice on scheduling makes planning your own life very difficult. All housekeeping is done by sales staff. Floor scrubbing, oven cleaning, TOILET cleaning. So very misleading when you apply and interview.

Advice to Management

Hire store managers who can actually handle their jobs appropriately. Not overly tense, stressed out, snippy ones. Don't bother sharing store goals with sales people. Nobody actually keeps track of sales other than manager grumbling about it. Employees sell as much as they can. Not exactly keeping track since not in commission.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Too many tasks for sales associates

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent discounts, nice co workers, beautiful atmosphere, learned much about products

Cons

Sales people had to do ALL housekeeping, stockroom was full of ladders we had to climb to get merchandise, shifts were poorly managed...schedules written very late so no time to plan your life. No permanent shifts, unclear and no support for finding substitute, management of store was unreasonable with pushing sales associates to make goals.

Advice to Management

Store manager was impatient, intimidating, demanding. I only worked evenings to balance with raising young kids...I'd get sent home early from my few shifts a week...the effort to get there and the drive were not worth 2 hrs at minimum wage. I'd be expected to come into morning and weekend meetings when I wasn't scheduled to work. Also needed to work inventory when I was NOT able to be away from home. I paid babysitter my exact salary just so I could keep manager from hating me.

2. It was a nice seasonal position during the winter holiday seasons as a sales associate.

I worked at Williams-Sonoma

Pros

Discount on products and gained a knowledge of the products.

Cons

Management sometimes could be overbearing.

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement would've been nice.