There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Some of the nicest people I have ever worked with !

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Inclusive Culture, Work Life Balance, Learning and Development are not only encouraged, but ample opportunity to do so. Along with the appropriate offering of training in house.
I really enjoyed the ALL Hands San Francisco Associates Conference held at the Historic Galileo High School - followed by a Wellness Carnival at the Maritime Museums Bocce Ball Courts this week.
I was inspired by the leaderships presentation and speeches.It has invigorated my ability to 'dare to dream' ! It was an all round wonderful day of learning and engaging. Lunch was provided by a great selection of food trucks, followed by camaraderie and physical activity with fellow co-workers.

Cons

to be honest, I have not experienced any yet.

reviews filtered by

Little support

Current Employee - ACM
    Current Employee - ACM

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits from insurance to retirement plans. Cross brand discounts are great at 40% off retail. Rewarding associates trough contests and recognition of tenure is a nice touch.

Cons

Leadership can develop great initiatives but have no concept of the working conditions at the retail level. Expecting 2 people to run a store ( FOH, BOH ) is insane. I have had the pleasure of working at more than one brand of WSI and have experienced more disconnect with this brand. Disappointed in the leadership of this company but thankful for the experience and growth.

Advice to Management

Consider the back end of an initiative. How will it be accomplished while both challenging our teams but realistically able to be completed and supported?
    Stop creating new visual sets every 3 weeks, they can't be done at current payroll restrictions. Consider creating signage that doesn't change every new set but carries over. Stop wasting food on props and let's cross brand with props. Live branches cut and mailed to stores to use in vases, really!!!
    What a waste of money.

Amazing Store but...

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the environment and the people. The quality of the store products are amazing. Great company. 40% discount on all items except plug-ins which is 20% discount. Your entire paycheck and more will be spent at the store.

Cons

The salary is the worst. It is a very low paying job. Everyone had a second job except for the managers. Everyone is part time except managers who work 40+ hours. Associates are not allowed to work full time and the schedule changes every week. Also there is only a 10 minute break when you work less than six hours, 30 min break for more than 6.

Advice to Management

Make the starting salary at least $10 an hour, not $8. Paychecks are the worst part of working at the store and probably the only bad thing about working for the company. Too much work and effort is expected for very long work days and only making 8 an hour. Also make 10 minute break at least 15 minutes. Nothing can be done in 10 minutes. Employees should also be able to combine their associate discount with store promotions.