There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Good, better communication from the corporate level would help overall.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

Pros

Environment, people, product, benefits, and fairness to employees

Cons

Value of input from store level by corporate

Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

I have a great manager who is respectful of all the employees and very flexible with time off. I like the interesting products we sell, they are fun to talk about and try out and of course we have some great customers - very loyal to the store and interested in learning about the products. Of course the discount is great.

Cons

There can be difficult customers but that comes with any retail position. Otherwise, sometimes we have long hours especially during the holiday season.

Advice to Management

Keep us "little people" in the loop if there are changes to policy or processes - sometimes things change and we are unaware and need to be able to tell customers the correct info.

2. Glamorous but not enough $$

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Great for a part time job where you can get the discounts. it is very glamorous to work for WS. All your friends will be jealous and we get to build a pretty nice kitchen (more jealousy from our friends when they come to visit). Great Benefits for full-time employees.

Cons

Store manager with no leadership, store short on sales associates during peak time. It is hard to lead when your direct supervisor doesn't give you freedom and doesn't do much either.

Advice to Management

Pay attention when GM's don't hire enough people during holidays, you are loosing business. It is a company that has great products, phenomenal clientele and a great potential to always be on top.