Williams-Sonoma
www.williams-sonomainc.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Overall, a pretty great place to work

Merchandise Planner (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

ProsGiven that it's 3,000 miles away from the main WSI HQ, the Brooklyn office (for West Elm) has a very entrepreneurial feel. The company really values new ideas and just about everyone has a 'voice' and can help make change

Relatively small office of just over 100 people. Everyone knows everyone.

You work with some really smart, really great people - the teamwork is amazing. And everyone is given full responsibility to really 'own' their area with little micromanaging on the managers' parts. You celebrate your successes but you also have to talk responsibilities for failure.

Offices are really cool - lots of windows and natural light - converted loft spaces in a great part of Brooklyn

Employee discount is amazing (and good at all WSI brands: williams-sonoma, pottery barn, west elm) and we have sample sales! Other benefits are pretty much standard with the industry

ConsSenior Management demonstrates little respect for the people actually doing the work - they say they respect us and couldn't accomplish what we've accomplished without us...but they don't even bother to make eye contact or say hello when walking past you in the lobby. At all of the meetings, they segregate themselves and only talk to each other - not very motivating.

Systems in place for doing the day-to-day work could use an upgrade. They're not necessarily bad, but they don't really speak to each other, which translates into a lot of double work (and creates likelihood of making mistakes)

Management is really good about letting you take time off, but the overall amount of vacation time allotted seriously needs a revisit (just 2 weeks - every other employer I've worked for has given 4).

Ironically enough, the HR team is the most uninvolved, passionless group of the bunch. They have no personality, don't know anyone's name - definitely does not feel like an environment where you can just go talk to them.

Satisfactory,

Sales-Associate (Former Employee)
    Rolling Hills Estates, CA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma

Pros: Great employee discount of 40percent and you can use your discount at Pottery Barn, Potterybarn Kids,… Cons: Pay is disgraceful. Management is terrible. Advice to Senior Management: Learn to respect people who have worked at this comany… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great work environment in a great part of city.

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma

Pros: Very competent staff and intelligent leadership. Cons: Salaries in the tech sector a tad bit lower than… Advice to Senior Management: Invest into diversity hiring. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams-Sonoma CEO Laura J. Alber. All reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees.