Willow Valley Retirement Communities

www.willowvalleyretirement.com

You Never See Anyone In Charge!

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Willow Street, PA
Former Employee - Waitress in Willow Street, PA

Pros

Family Business, Good Pay, Full Time

Cons

They gat mad if you take a few weeks to train, They get mad if you make a mistake, they get furious if you get hurt on the job, They lay you off while you are on medical leave, Long hours cleaning while others stand around and joke around, Long hours on your feet, Managers are rude, Benefits are horrible.

Better train your staff even if it takes more than a week, better communication, more team work not one person carrying the team, and dont lay people off while they are on medical leave from a job related injury!

Other reviews for Willow Valley Retirement Communities

I have finally found the organization I plan to stay with until retirement!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

There is an amazing sense of family at this organization among both the team members and the residents. I feel like people truly care about me and my family here. The benefits are better than what I've had at most employers, heath insurance for my family is exceptionally inexpensive. The free gym membership is awesome! The leadership team is supportive of the overall company mission and the needs of the employees to be able to effectively and efficiently perform their tasks.

Cons

A harsh winter like we had this past year can be challenging since we are a 24 hour operation and we are open regardless of the weather.

a beautiful environment with a lot of opportunity however management has been known to rapidly shift what they want

Former Employee - DIning Services Mid Level Management  in  Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - DIning Services Mid Level Management in Lancaster, PA

Pros

a well funded operation with state of the art equipment and great residents
    Great level of nursing care
    Numerous opportunities for the residents to be pampered and to grow

Cons

Department director did not welcome input and functioned in a rather dictatorial fashion
    This was not the case in all departments
    Expectations on mid level managers were that work always was more important than other areas of life

Gather more input from first line workers - many team members were not that satisfied with the treatment they received from their supervisors

There are newer employer reviews for Willow Valley Retirement Communities.

Worked for Willow Valley Retirement Communities? Contribute to the Community!