There are newer employer reviews for Wilmerhale

As an admin, little flexibility in job function, but a wonderful place to be

Former Employee - Proofreader  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Proofreader in Boston, MA

I worked at Wilmerhale

Pros

-The people are smart and motivated
-The socialization/networking opportunities are endless
-Prestigious firm with an excellent culture
-Great experience overall

Cons

-very bureaucratic. As an employee on the administrative end of the company, it was difficult to explore new (professional) opportunities outside of my job function.

Think creatively about how to utilize administrative staff. The people are just as smart and motivated as the attorneys and would thrive if given more diverse professional opportunities. This does not apply to personal opportunities, which are endless.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Wilmerhale (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity for Young Attorneys w/o Children

Former Employee - Senior Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Wilmerhale

Pros

Great colleagues. Wicked smart people. Highly ethical. No "bush league" behaviour. Good work and opportunities. It's a great way for a young attorney to build their skills and network.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult once you have children. The "ethos" has changed towards metrics and productivity and away from collegiality and good work. It's now a factory headed towards a sweat shop, and it used to be a real Washington regulatory boutique. They basically moved all moms and part time lawyers out--contrary to their stated policies and contrary to their historical ethos. It's now become all about the numbers and less about the individuals.

I think its sad when the law firm is so big that the only thing all the partners can agree upon is that they should all be making more money. Life isn't about PPP and yet that appears to be what the focus is all about these days.

Great for a few years, then get out.

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Wilmerhale full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

excellent work for impressive lawyers; very close community within the office and genuine social scene if you want it; very open minded about academic/teaching side projects

Cons

no concepts of work life balance; overly wordy house style which is quite inefficient; perception amongst junior lawyers that a colleague was the scapegoat for something that wasn't their fault, and ultimately got fired.

working here feels like being in an abusive relationship - there's a lot of good will, but you make us hate you by pushing us too hard, then you act nice for long enough for us to forgive you before doing it again.

There are newer employer reviews for Wilmerhale

Worked for Wilmerhale? Contribute to the Community!