Wilshire Associates

Great collaborative teams!

Former Employee - Vice President in Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Vice President in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wilshire Associates

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at Wilshire is because of the great people I was able to work with over the years. I learned a lot from my colleagues and we provided great service to our clients.

Cons

One of the downsides was that there seemed to be a lack of resources at times given the amount of work required.

One piece of advice I would give the leadership team at Wilshire is to continue to recognize the hard work of all of the individuals who are contributing to the continued success of Wilshire and it's products/services.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Wilshire Associates (View Most Recent)

Excellent office location.

Former Employee - Associate in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Wilshire Associates

Pros

This company is better for people interested in Finance. Several groups are very profitable. If you join that group, you will enjoy a good promotion opportunity.

Cons

For programmer, it is not very technology oriented. The hiring process is varied from group to group. Some new hired people I saw were not even able to finish the jobs. The interview process might need change or find someone more technical to guide the overall interview.

Hire more smarter people

great place to work

Former Employee - Analyst in West Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wilshire Associates

Pros

Because it is a smaller company, it is easier to stand out and move up. Also, management is accessible and questions can be directed to management. There is a lot of sharing of information and everybody has good intentions in mind. The location is awesome and the atmosphere in the office is usually quite nice. There is freedom in terms of internet while at work, security holdings, etc.

Cons

One issue is that bonuses are sprinkled rather than based on performance, so it is hard to get motivated to do a good job.

To look at what each persons contributes much closer and to make sure to retain good people rather than let them leave without trying, as it is much more costly to bring on new people than to pay those that are good slightly higher for their services.

There are newer employer reviews for Wilshire Associates