Wilshire Credit Corporation

www.wcc.ml.com
  www.wcc.ml.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wilshire Credit Corporation

I enjoyed working directly with the leadership team.

Current Employee - CIO
Current Employee - CIO

I have been working at Wilshire Credit Corporation

Pros

Location to vicinity, Extremely friendly and professional staff. Exceptional leadership.

Cons

Direction came from two different sources. Parent company and local leadership.

Provide filtering from Parent company discrepencies in direction.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Wilshire Credit Corporation (View Most Recent)

Culture varies - some departments are happier places to work than others.

I worked at Wilshire Credit Corporation

Pros

Still financially stable, even after Merrill Lynch was acquired by another company. Some departments do promote from within, and seemed to try to grow their employees. Senior management is knowledgeable, and although employees might wish for more communication from them, they probably do as well as senior management at any company of their size at communicating with the staff at large.

Cons

Mostly judging by lunchroom discussions, some departments seem to be dead-ends. Transferring between departments doesn't seem as easy as it should be.

Um, congratulations on being stable working the sub-prime mortgage sector of the economy? You're obviously doing something right, because I'm sure I couldn't do it.

Horribly, consistently, horrible

Former Employee - Asset Management in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Asset Management in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Wilshire Credit Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have food vendors come into the cafeteria, easy access to MAX and subsidies for public transportation, causal dress work environment, good benefits.

Cons

Incompetent bosses, no room for advancement, certain departments are a dead end, don't care about the individual, treat employees as though they are easily replaceable, high burnout rate and significant employee turnover, managers disastrously handle department reorganizations, change management skills are poor, salaries are not up to industry standards. Here, you are just a number. HR will also tell on you to your manager if you come to them in confidence. I had a better education than my managers, yet they denied me access to the management training program because they are so bloated with nepotism, and I wasn't anyone's sister/brother/mother/lover. Huge amounts of favoritism; I continually outperformed a colleague, yet I always got emails about what I was doing wrong, and we always had to hear praise of the colleague. So glad I left that place to a better work environment.

Hire managers that actually know how to manage, and then train them how to speak to people without tearing them down. Stop the nepotism, get rid of the 50% of workers that do nothing yet continually earn praise. More wellness programs. Need to really clean house at this company, and upper management are some of the biggest offenders.

There are newer employer reviews for Wilshire Credit Corporation