Overall positive

Current Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wilson

Pros

Very good benefits, family oriented company, if you really need something the company is willing to help you, very supportive of local charities and donations. Pay is competitive.

Cons

Many corporate responsibilities are pushed on the field locations who are trying to run their businesses. Expand HR, safety, legal, etc rather than have the field locations responsible for all the paperwork.

Executive management is good. I feel international could have a more aggressive approach and younger input, but overall a great group.

Other Reviews for Wilson

Great pay, while it lasted

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at Wilson

Pros

The pay and benefits were great. 401k matching was fantastic during expansion years. Working in the line pipe portion was fun.

Cons

When the recession hit, there were massive lay-offs, but the bonus checks, stock dividends and 401k matching never stopped, but raises did stop, which says that senior management still got their piece while the rest didn't.

Nothing, I would not work here again no matter what because I know that they do not support their people when they need it the most.

Good place to be.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wilson

Pros

Good place to move forward and be exposed to tasks outside the 'job decscription'.

Cons

Difficult to promote fundamental changes, perhaps because things have been done the same way for sometime.

Look to market place developments that occur now to position the organization for the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Wilson.

Worked for Wilson? Contribute to the Community!