Wilson Sonsini

www.wsgr.com
  www.wsgr.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wilson Sonsini

My experience at Wilson Sonsini was positive.

Former Employee - Associate in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Wilson Sonsini

Pros

I came to Wilson Sonsini because of the the type of work (general corporate and venture capital), the subject matter (emerging growth and IT), the clients (from entrepreneurs to public companies), and the early responsibility. In general, the firm did not disappoint in any of these aspects.

Cons

Although the work and clients are great, I found that it was quite difficult getting exposure to certain work outside your office location. This proves to be important for those not working in Palo Alto. Additionally, when things got tight, I found that sometimes certain groups would begin to hoard hours and close ranks on deals that they were working.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Wilson Sonsini (View Most Recent)

I was good at what I did, but the job was not intellectually stimulating.

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Wilson Sonsini

Pros

I got a steady paycheck. I was able to help people fix technical issues efficiently. My customers seemed to like my assistance and would often ask, specifically, to speak to me.

Cons

Because I was good at what I did, my manager didn't what to promote me. At least that's what she said in my interview. That was very discouraging.

Offer incentives for promotion and career advice. Treat the frontline with respect and give them a break every once in a while. Bring in donuts or bagels. The IT frontline gets pummelled with "You guys suck!" all day long (well, maybe not all day long, but...). Every once in a while, it's nice to know that management appreciates the us and has our backs.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Wilson Sonsini

Pros

It's big and resourceful. You can also get help from different departments.

Cons

it's too big, sometimes you feel lost.

There are newer employer reviews for Wilson Sonsini