Wilsons The Leather Experts

www.wilsonsleather.com

Not a bad place to work, but not the best place either.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Friendswood, TX

ProsThey teach you a lot about the material you are selling, so you don't end up working for a company you know nothing about. Very many well explained videos about security and customer service. There are tests that an employee must take to make sure they know a lot about leather. You get to meet a lot of new people, many return customers. It isn't a hostile environment. Generally easy to work for, lots of free time while at work.

ConsVery little trust of employees, micromanaging, few opportunities for advancement. Lousy pay. Management was very fixated on selling leather care products and based your performance not on sales of jackets but on sales of leather care products. Very few people come to the store so your daily score can vary and it makes you look bad. A little bit of over management on certain subjects. Constantly suspicious of their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay sales associates better based on experience, don't let the managers put too much pressure on employees to sell certain products, add more variety in clothing/accessories.

Expert at Leather, but not running a company

Former Store Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at Wilsons The Leather Experts

Pros: I was fairly independant, the DM didn't visit too terribly… Cons: Not being allowed to freely run my store with regards to hiring/firing. Having to fire good people because sales were down ....sales were down for… Advice to Senior Management: LIsten to your store managers and employees about what the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't think he's at the head of the totem pole. But if he is. He's worried

Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Wilsons The Leather Experts

Pros: Based on my experience it's a great place to work. Or rather it was. Our manager was super. easy to work for and made everyone feel… Cons: They closed over 161 stores without warning. So I'd say that's a downside. Managers don't want to spend their monthly budget for things we need… Advice to Senior Management: Don't keep things from your management team. Disclose and be… More
There are newer reviews on Wilsons The Leather Experts.

Worked for Wilsons The Leather Experts? Contribute to the Community!