There are newer employer reviews for Wilton Brands

Very disorganized; little to no communication between management & employees.

Former Employee - Coordinator in Woodridge, IL
Former Employee - Coordinator in Woodridge, IL

I worked at Wilton Brands

Pros

Despite all its shortcomings the company has: a laidback environment, great products, reputable CEO, nice holiday parties, culture of celebration, and tent sale

Cons

Difficult for minorities to move up within the company, lots of coworkers waste time standing around gossiping about each other, too many lazy employees, lack of communication by upper management, outdated data system, salaries are not competitive, management lack progressive thinking, generally don't like change, stuck in their old ways, force low-paying entry level employees stay overtime to do other people's jobs... must I go on....

Advice to Management

The company is not as progressive as it should be. You should re-evaluate your employees and whether they're bringing Wilton to the next level. When I worked there I saw too many coworkers goof off I wondered why they were even allowed to work there in the first place. Be careful... a lot of them pretend to work hard only when you're around. You should do an overhaul of the company and with more productive people you might end up with a better driven company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Stay Away unless your a woman....

Former Employee - Forecasting in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Forecasting in Woodridge, IL

I worked at Wilton Brands

Pros

Eager to get you in and started. Salary was fair, benefits were okay. Some of the co-workers seem eager to help you.

Cons

Too much of a "woman's world". In a department of 11, 6 were gone on maternity leave. They don't like outside opinions. I was told that in order to get a head, you would have to put in 12 hour days.. every day. Lunch was suppose to be taken at your desk while you work. Their forecasting is terrible. They don't worry about it, just to "put out the fires." Product is made in China so lead times are months away. They are way to SKU happy. You can have one planner managing 7K-9K SKU's. There is no flex time and their system is very old.

Advice to Management

There are more than one way to do things. Listen to people before you make your decisions. The "people in the trenches" know more than you know.

2. Lots of Products, but open to losing business from competition

Former Employee - Product Development Director in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Product Development Director in Woodridge, IL

I worked at Wilton Brands

Pros

Great brand, awesome tent sale, HR team was good, great move package (at least it was before venture capital owned them), excellent distribution system, technologically advanced.

Cons

Division was shut down due to competition from China, and direct outsourcing by our customers. Brand is good but the venture capatilists rolling it all together and leveraging that much debt into one company can't be good.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees is good but always can be better - don't forget about management trainee programs and bringing in young stars that make for future contributors.